The Annual EAU Congress annually attracts more than 4,000 abstract submissions from urologists and other medical professionals around the world. Competition is tough and only a small fraction (28%) is selected.
Here are some handy and practical tips on how your abstract can get the attention it deserves:
- Deliver a clean, precisely worded text free from grammatical and spelling errors. Avoid vague descriptions. Reviewers are less impressed when language is cluttered with unnecessary details;
- Only use themost relevant illustrations and images in high resolution. There’s nothing more irritating than fuzzy photos and poorly executed graphics;
- Carefully phrase your concluding statements and emphasise the significance of your study. Concise statements make an impact;
- Adopt a neutral tone and avoid writing in argumentative terms which may convey the wrong impression;
- Thoroughly re-check the facts and proof-read several times;
- Ask a colleague or mentor for a final review or second reading. Small errors in factual detail may escape your attention; and
- Submit well ahead of the deadline! Don’t wait for the last hour.
These are only a few suggestions. There are many other handy tips (check out the Rules & Regulations). The main thing is to deliver original and innovative work, with quality research methodology and data that present the results in precise language.
Good luck to all participants!